LuaHtml is an interpreter that allows Lua code to be used in HTML and TeX documents through the use of scriplets. LuaHtml provides a simple, straight forward, and lightweight
mechanism for templating documents in languages such as C and C++.
- Simple to use templating. There are three symbols:
- Simple to use API in C. There is one C function call.
- Compact size. Presently, LuaHtml's source code is less than 10 KB, making LuaHtml is small enough for any environment that uses Lua.
- Performance. Documents are interpreted into into Lua, which itself is an extremely performant scripting language.
- Interpreted documents can be optionally cached for even greater performance.
- Integration with existing C and C++ applications is easy. Adding web interfaces or generating latex documents for existing code saves time and minimizes increased complexity.
- The sole dependency is Lua. This means that the dependency impact of adding LuaHtml to your application is very little, or even zero if you already use Lua.